Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Xmas Factor

You would think each year would get easier, however, this year is not only hard but very confusing.  I lost my dad earlier this year -- so this holiday season will be the first without him.  People say that as time go's on it will get easier, they must have forgot holidays when giving that advice.  Not sure if that is the reason but I am having a hard time getting into the spirit of Christmas, as it is the 16th of December I haven't bought one present, baked one treat -- I did however get my xmas tree up -- but have to give credit to that to the kids.

The GREAT news is that my daughter will be home from college tomorrow, which brings me great joy.  In addition, I have vowed to get my shopping done this coming weekend (even though I have no clue what anyone wants).  I feel like I need to get out of this funk, if no other reason as to create a great holiday for my children and be there for my mother, who I am sure is having a much harder time than myself.

I know this has nothing to do with politics/children however, it does has to do with family and helping me get through life.  Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment